March 01, 2006

I'm Not A Cyclist, I Just Play One On TV

Morning Workout
BIKE
1 hour 30 minutes
Heart Rate Zone: Aerobic (Zone 1)

Random Comments: I felt like I was riding on a movie set this morning. Which I guess is odd, because there are usually movies being filmed in Santa Monica during the mornings so quite a few times I actually am, in fact, riding on a movie set. But there were no movies being filmed on my ride this morning. Today I wasn't actually riding on a real movie set - it just felt like it. You see, it's been raining for the past few days out here in Los Angeles. The good thing about the rain is that it washes away the multi-layers of smog so that when the sun finally shines its bright smiling face again, life becomes so incredibly clear and the colors so overwhelmingly vibrant it is truly breathtaking. You can stare at trees all day long and not fully realize how green they really are until the rain comes along and clears the smudge on the atmospheric void that separates you from seeing the true nature of the nature. So picture, if you will, me riding along the beach this morn, sun peaking above the horizon stretching it's technicolor arms across the fiery sky, waves crashing romantically on the shore in a "From Here To Eternity" moment and seagulls and pigeons frolicking as one, laughing and flapping and yakking it up as if they actually thought they could live together in harmony. Let's be real, people, seagulls and pigeons don't like each other. They never have, they never will. They fight over bread crumbs. They clammer over empty potato chip packages. They argue about which one will get to fly over you and take a crap. The only time seagulls and pigeons get along is in the movies. Or, apparently, on my bike ride this morning. Which, as I said, felt like I was riding on a movie set.
___________________________________________________________________________________

0 comments: