March 18, 2006

Kinda Careful, Not So Smart

Morning Workout
BIKE...
4 hours 21 minutes
Heart Rate Zone: Aerobic (Zone 1), VO2 Max (Zone 5+) and everything in between

...RUN (yes, run)
20 minutes
Heart Rate Zone: Lactate Threshold (Zone 2)

Random Comments: Sneezing, clogged sinuses, feverish, no energy. And that was just waking up. I didn't feel a heckuva lot better riding in the 40-odd degree weather. So, like the smart and careful person I am, I decided to cut my planned 5 hour ride short. Well, kind of short. Which I guess assumes I was only kind of smart. Instead of the 5 hours, I only rode a mere 4 hours and 10 minutes. Which, in the grand scheme of things, amounts to a savings that is just short of bupkiss. More importantly, though, I went on a run right after the ride. And my legs felt great! Great, I say. Not good, not mediocre, not merely satisfying... but great. No achilles problem. No calf problem. Perhaps there was a bit of a nutrition problem. If feeling like I can't take another step, stumbling about on the sidewalk just short of passing out is considered a nutrition problem, then yeah, I guess there was a little problem. But please, don't change the subject. We're rejoicing in my painless run. Now excuse me, I gotta go eat too much food.
__________________________________________________________________________________

0 comments: