March 15, 2006

I Didn't Need This Brain Anyway

Morning Workout
BIKE
2 hours with our friends, the hill repeats.
Heart Rate Zone: 2 x 15 minutes climbing in the saddle at Steady State Threshold (Zone 4). Followed by 1 x 15 minutes climbing out of the saddle at VO2 Max (Zone 5+++)

Random Comments: I started doing these hill repeats about 5 weeks ago. Five weeks ago I was climbing for only 10 minutes and it just plum hurt like hell. I guess that was the purpose so it means I was doing it right. Well, I don't know what happened but something is afoot. Cause here I am five weeks later, now doing 15 minute climbs at the same heart rate and, well, I gotta tell ya friend, it ain't that hard. In fact, I have to keep easing back on the ole throttle in order to lower my heart rate. Maybe it means I'm getting stronger. Maybe. Or maybe I'm just doing something completely wrong. That's the thing about training - the more you start analyzing it the more things confuse you. Should I tilt my foot another few degrees - will that give me more power? What if I inched my seat up 2 millimeters? And what about that lobotomy - if I shave off a few sections of my brain will I have less weight to carry going up the hills? These are the things I think about on my hill repeats. As if that's not enough to cause an aneurysm, riddle me this one, bikerboy: How come on the 15 minutes when I'm climbing out of the saddle with an astronomically high heart rate I travel the exact same distance as the 15 minutes when I'm sitting in the saddle and my heart rate is 15 beats lower? Shouldn't I be stronger out of the saddle while expending more energy? Isn't that the way this is supposed to work!? What's the point of me getting out of the saddle at all? I'm confused. Hey, tell me again that number for the lobotomist. 1-800-NOBRAIN, is that it? Yeah, I think that's it.
__________________________________________________________________

0 comments: