March 05, 2006

Numba One Runna

Afternoon Workout
SWIM
3100 yards
Main Set: 10 x 50 yards (10 seconds rest betwixt each) + 4 x 400 yards (20 seconds rest)

Random Comments: We were in Palm Springs this morning. At seven oh-five in the morning, the airhorn went off and Cat began running the Palm Springs Half Marathon. I waved goodbye, blew a kiss, snapped a few photos, sat around, read, massaged my calf, stretched my achilles, and one hour forty minutes and eight seconds later Cat sprinted across the finish line. But that's not the story. The story is that she not only got a PR - destroying her previous best time by 3 minutes - but she WON HER AGE GROUP!! Woohoo!! [cue confetti][cue streamers][cue annoying noise maker thingies]. Overall she was 88th out of six hundred and some-odd people (and let me tell you, there were some very odd people there). And she was first out of fifty-one in her age group. First, I say! Number one. Cat is numba one runna. Ain't she the best?! Yeah I'm injured - but I'm damn proud of my woman.

0 comments: