March 16, 2006

Tinkle, Achoo!, Tinkle

Morning Workout
ROW MACHINE
20 Minutes
Heart Rate Zone: Aerobic Conditioning (Zone 3) + Steady State Threshold (Zone 4)

SWIM
2500 yards
Main Set: 24 x 50 yards, twelve of them were sprints

Random Comments: I was supposed to do 30 minutes of aqua jogging after this morning's swim but, you know what, screw that. Todays entire workout was mentally challenging. It was like I was staring at the clock the entire time. Which, by the by, I was. At least on the row machine I was. If there were a clock under water in the pool, I would've stared at that too. But there isn't, so I didn't. I'm guessing the reason it was all so darn difficult is because I'm sick. Or sort of sick. Apparently I have a cold. But it's not a regular cold, it's on time release. When I wake up in the morning, I feel fine. After my workouts, I feel fine. Late in the morning, I feel fine. Somewhere around mid-afternoon, I feel utterly crappy. And then it comes and goes in hour increments for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Fine, crappy. Crappy, fine. Back and forth until I can't even remember which nostril is supposed to be congested and which isn't. This has been going on since Sunday night and, frankly, I'm over it already. My niece called me yesterday cause she heard I was sick and wanted to make me feel better. She's three years old so just the fact that she called me made me feel better. Of course, when she belted out "The Basketball Song", which apparently she wrote herself, I felt even better. And it just kept improving through her rendition of the Happy Birthday song. By the time she started singing Tinkle, Tinkle Little Star I had forgotten I was even sick at all and just sat there with a twinkle in my eye wondering why the star needed to tinkle in the first place. The fact of the matter is that I need to take some time off working out. At least I need to stay out of the pool for a few days. So I'll tell you what I'm going to do -- if I still feel like crap on Sunday, I'm not going to swim. And then if I still feel terrible on Monday, I'm calling my niece again. Maybe she's writing another song to sing to me.
__________________________________________________________________________________

0 comments: