December 21, 2005

It Was A Good Day

Morning Workout
BIKE
90 minutes

Zone: Lactate Threshold (Zone 2)

Random Comments: It was pretty damn dark out when we started the ride. I used my lights for the first time. There was the blinking one on the back of the bike, and then the headlight on the front. For some reason the blinking one on the back of the bike kept turning off every five minutes. That's bad, what with the tired people driving the cars at me from behind. Then the battery on my headlight on the front of the bike died. That's bad, not being able to see where I was going. It's very peaceful ridin
g in the dark when you don't know if you're going to hit a pothole or get hit by a car. I survived, by the way. I'm a survivor.
_________________________________________________________________

I had a conference call with two clients at 7am this morning. Any normal person would wake up at 6:30 am, brew up a cuppa joe and have the call at 7am lazing around in their jammies. Well, I never claimed to be normal.

Catherine and I got up at 4:45am this morning for a 90 minute bike ride. The last time I remember looking at the clock it said 12:26 am. So from my calculations, if I know how to use this abacus correctly, I got a little over 4 hours of sleep last night. Here's a little tidbit of info for you: I'm an 8 hours of sleep type of guy. Anything less than 8 hours and my happijoy starts falling by the waygutter. Which means that four hours of sleep... not so good. However, I vowed to have this be a good day, four hours or not. And goddamit, a good day it was going to be.

We hit the road at 5:15am and, despite some problems seeing (as described above), it was a beautifully peaceful ride. The 7am conference call was extremely positive. And the rest of the day brought on two other pieces of business that are suddenly moving towards the elusive confirmation. See what I did there? I made it a good day. It's like magic, I tell you. Magic.

It's 8:30pm right now and I'm about to pass out. Which I suppose is good because clearly I have nothing interesting to say today. And I'm getting delirious. And we all know we don't want me in front of a computer when I'm delirious. Which, for some reason makes me think of the video for "Take On Me" by a-ha. Remember that video? The one where the guy gets sucked into the comic strip and the whole video is him being chased through the comics. Isn't that a great goddam video?


0 comments: