January 07, 2006

I Didn't Throw Up

Morning Workout
BIKE
1 hour warm-up, 30 minutes Time Trial up a really long, steep hill, 1 hour cool-down
Heart Rate Zone: As high as the motherf***er can get without me keeling over.

Random Comments: If you haven't figured me out yet, it's these short bursts of pain that make me happy. Needless to say, the 30 minute Time Trial up the long, steep hill is just my cup o' tea. It was tough. It was hard. But, for the record, I did not throw up when I finished. Sure, maybe there was a lot of coughing and spitting. But definitely no yakking this time.

SWIM
2550 yards
Main Set: 1x 250, 2x 200, 3x 150, 4x 100, 5x 50 (whooeee!)

Random Comments: I really didn't want to go swimming today. Even when I got to the pool I didn't want to be there. Somewhere within the second of the three 150 yard sets, I came to a little understanding that I should at least accept the fact that I'm here swimming and try my best to enjoy it. So maybe I wouldn't go so far as to say "enjoy", but I finished without complaining any more.

_________________________________________________________________

0 comments: