February 07, 2006

Things To Do

Morning Workout
RUN (treadmill)
30 minutes
Heart Rate Zone: maintain Lactate Threshold (Zone 2) pace. Average heart rate was Aerobic (Zone 1)

Evening Workout
SWIM
Main Set: 3 x 400m (1 minute rest betwixt each)

Random Comments: Like every third week of the training cycle, this is test/recovery week. Me likey recovery week - especially since there are only 3 or 4 challenging workouts but they're usually a lot shorter (as you can see from above) and are interspersed by easier workout days.

_________________________________________________________________

Let me just say that I'm really busy right now. It seems that I'm busier now with a consultancy and job search than I was working a full-time job. How could that be possible?! Having seen all the things I need to do now, I'm not quite sure how I kept my life together before. Today, for instance, started with the 5:20 am wake-up call, a stop at the bank and prompt arrival at the YMCA at 6 am. We ran and stretched for an hour and a half, at which point I hightailed it home for the 8am conference call I had with a client. I jumped in the shower for 6 minutes between conference calls but think I may have forgotten to comb my hair. I've been on the phone for the better part of the past 4 hours and have crammed through two presentations that I need to finish. It feels like 3 in the afteroon, but it's only 11:30 in the morning.

You'll notice that I already listed my evening workout above as if the swim has been swum. It clearly hasn't been, being how I just told you it's only 11:30 in the morning. I've decided to project into the future though and let you know what I'll be doing tonight. It's because I'm so busy now, I know that I won't be able to put it in there later. In fact, I'm too busy to be writing this nonsense. I've got better things to do.
No offense.

I've gotta go.
I'll fill you in later.
Stop bugging me.

0 comments: