February 22, 2006

Short And Slow, Like My School Bus

Morning Workout
BIKE
1 hour 30 minutes
Heart Rate Zone: Aerobic (Zone 1)

Random Comments: I always forget how much I love Wednesdays. I mean, I know for a fact that I love Fridays. Friday is my rest day, what's not to love about that? I sleep in, I laze around in the morning, I read the paper. And I eat and eat and eat, nonstop until Saturday morning. On the other hand, the rest of the week has its challenges. Tuesdays and Thursdays, for instance, are always strenuous workouts that involve a lot of pain and tire me out. Meanwhile, Saturdays and Sundays are always long workouts that involve a different kind of pain, but still tire me out. Mondays are kind of a grab bag, sometimes it's challenging, sometimes not, either way I'm pretty tired from Saturday and Sunday anyway so there's nothing easy about it. But Wednesdays... aaahh Wednesdays. I've finally realized that Wednesdays are active recovery days. Short and slow is what that means. Tired legs and tired minds like short and slow. I think I'm learning to love Wednesdays. Happy Wednesday.

__________________________________________________________________

I'd love to write something witty here but the fact is that I'm still laughing from the Starbucks episode yesterday. So you're on your own today.

Besides, I've got to start getting mentally prepared for my 2 kilometer repeats in the morning. Perhaps a big bowl of pasta and a few hours of Olympic watching will help mentally prepare me.

Hey, it's worth a shot.

0 comments: