June 09, 2006

It Was A Cold And Rainy Night

Well, my relaxing rest week is over. It's 10:15 pm right now and I am going to wake up in 7 hours and embark on what is supposed to be a 6 hour ride and 30 minute run. Of course, it's supposed to rain tomorrow which is a fine how-dee-doo for my re-entry into the training world. Fortunately I have a great rain jacket that keeps me dry when I bike. Unfortunately, I left that jacket in California, 3000 miles away from where I'll be riding. Oh, and I just checked the weather - it's supposed to be 53 degrees in the morning. It should go without saying that I forgot to bring armies or any type of long sleeve jersey. That'll smart.

So this oughta be fun.
Perhaps I'll ride directly to the hospital in the morning, do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars.

I wonder if I can call in advance and pre-order my pneumonia medicine.
_________________________________________________________________

Star Spotting Of The Day (specifically, yesterday): Mike White, who, believe it or not, I recognized as the actor from Chuck & Buck. When I looked into him a bit further, I realized he is oh so much more - like, for instance, the writer of that indie masterpiece and the guy who wrote such other classics as The School Of Rock, The Good Girl (with Jennifer Aniston) and Nacho Libre, not to mention some scribbling for Dawsons Creek, which come to think of it, I kinda wish I didn't mention.

Location: Walking down San Vicente Blvd in Brentwood with his dog

What He Was Doing: Walking down San Vicente Blvd in Brentwood with his dog

0 comments: