October 14, 2005

The Runs

It still hasn’t sunk in that I’m going to Hawaii. It probably won’t hit me until we actually land. I’m really tired and it’s been a very stressful week at work. My colleague, Myles (the other SVP/General Manager), just resigned this morning which means there will probably be additional pressure put on me and, most likely, a lot more traveling. I don’t think it is humanly possible for me to travel more. From the moment I land back home from this Hawaii vacation, I have to hit the ground running. Though I wish I meant that literally, I don’t. I won’t have time to run. Though with all this traveling I have a pretty good chance of getting sick and getting the runs. But that's an entirely different can of diseases. I have three major client presentations in the two days after we get back, then I’m off on planes to Chicago, Seattle, Minneapolis, Vermont and Boston. Four days later it’ll be Thanksgiving time and I’ll fly to Florida. Fortunately I’m not in the heat of my Ironman training yet – in fact I don’t even have the schedule. I really am starting to get scared and nervous about what will happen when I do start training heavily. But scared is ok, right? I mean, as long as you don't get the runs.

0 comments: