July 22, 2007

Vineman: A Race Analysis in 8 Adjectives

Well I managed to squeeze out some sort of wi-fi connection out here in the middle of nowhere and thought I'd give you the update. After all, I know you've been sitting on the edge of your seat, biting your fingernails until their raw and trying to calm the churning in your stomach all in anticipation of my Vineman analysis.

Just so you know, this ain't it. So keep the stomach churning.

I suppose this is a preview of things to come. Cause Lord knows that I'll be writing a race report that is far too long and just short of funny, like I do for all the other races I torture myself with.

In the meanwhile, what I thought I'd do here is give you a quick overview of today's Vineman half-Ironman adventure. In 8 adjectives. Here you go.

Brutal
Sweltering
Unrelenting
Punishing
Rigorous
Satisfying
Surprising
Can't Complain

(I'm not sure if that last one is actually an adjective, I flunked that part of English class.)

OK, that's all I got for you right now. Time to order the pizza.

I'll fill in the nouns and verbs at another time.

4 comments:

Jonah Holland said...

Congratulations.
Would it be safe to say it was everything you dreamed of?

Joy | Love | Chaos said...

, - ; . : ( ) !! ? and %&^*


just in case you needed a little help with the punctuation, too. and, based on your adjectives, at least one symbolic swear.

Carrie said...

At least my pinky fingernail was spared.

No Wetsuit Girl said...

Comment in 8 words or less (starting... NOW)
1. Congratulations
2. On
3. A
4. great
5. race
6. Sonoma's
7. too
8. hotforatriathlon!

Ok, I cheated.